Internships at AIM
AIM summer internships provide real-world work experience for students as well as a foot in the door for our entry-level positions. Interns earn a competitive salary and are given ownership of meaningful projects that allow them to see the results of their hard work by the time they leave. During the program, managers and directors provide department overviews to help interns better understand our organization.
While interning at AIM you will be valued as an individual. We recognize your hard work and unique potential, and mentor you as a future leader. By working directly with key decision makers you will move quickly along the learning curve to jump-start your career in engineering or design.
Your internship experience
- Orientation and training – You will be prepared for your engineering role through a combination of formal and informal training.
- Hands-on experience – You will have the opportunity to see a variety of designs and work directly with our engineering and technical support team. Interns will gather with their peers and co-workers to develop both personally and professionally.
- Mentorship and performance management – Interns are paired with a mentor to help them transition into the role. The mentor is a great peer resource for all the new-hire questions during acclimatization to our office. The mentor will be there to ensure your experience is meeting your goals and that you’re working towards that job offer.
- How to apply – Internship recruitment takes place at top colleges and universities across the country. The hiring process can take place six months to a year in advance. Contact your university career center to find out more about the application deadlines or visit aimmachines.com/careers to search for an internship opportunity at AIM.
- Intern candidates should be approximately 12 to 18 months from completing their bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or related field.