SUMMARY: Schedules, tracks, monitors, and records the movement of production orders through all phases of the production process as well as in SAP, ensuring proper recognition of WIP and Finished Goods; communicates progress of and troubleshoots issues with orders to all departments, working closely with Engineering, Sales, Production, Purchasing and Accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Actively participate in the startup of new orders by leading communication between Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Production, and Accounting.
- Ensure Sales Orders, and BOM’s have been identified and are in place in SAP
- Identify component requirements for production from engineering and sales specifications and schedules and ensure proper communication to all departments
- Monitor BOM’s for the correctness and ensures all adjustments are made by engineering during all phases of production
- Work with a complex BOM to understand and cost the product.
- Assist production with scheduling as required; document and communicate production schedules to all departments
- Expedite, route, and dispatch material and parts in accordance with production schedules and commitments
- Enter all Production Orders in SAP to properly trace WIP and Finished Goods.
- Ensure WIP and Finished Goods balances in SAP and reconcile to actual production.
- Report on completion dates, material changes or substitutions, shortages, and schedule modifications.
- Advise management of the status of work in progress and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Confirm material supply and demands.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activity with Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Production, and Accounting
- Ensure that shipments are appropriately scheduled and communicated to all departments
- Monitor and proactively address issues that impact conformance to committed ship dates
- May also support inventory control, supply chain management, material planning, and scheduling
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience interacting and communicating with all levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of SAP (or other ERP System) with an understanding of the relationships and/or impacts within SAP for material movement (MRP process)
- Ability to read mechanical blueprints
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel
- Experience with SAP Business One a plus
- Manufacturing/engineering background a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Experience in manufacturing and production scheduling.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
SAP Business One; MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: Dependent on experience
– Medical, dental, and vision coverage
– Simple IRA savings
– Life insurance
– Vacation, holiday, and personal time in a simple PTO Plan (Paid Time Off)
– Training and Development
– Career advancement