SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Office Manager, this position operates a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel. This position is also responsible for performing a variety of clerical functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines the purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel is unavailable.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Sorts and stores company documents.
- Answers questions about the organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of the business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues Wi-Fi passes when required.
- Updates appointment calendars.
- Update Employee Listing (e-mails & Extensions) & Phone Tag Extensions, as needed
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Ensures that the office, conference room, and kitchen areas are in order and are fully equipped at the beginning and the end of the business day. (kitchen tables are wiped down, napkins are replenished, and counters cleared)
- Orders lunch as needed
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Purchases office (and takes Inventory of) supplies utilizing approved vendors to maintain cost control.
- Daily Scans of all incoming A/P Invoices (mailed & e-mailed)
- Other duties as requested
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- One year certificate from college or technical school, OR
- 6 months to 1 year of switchboard experience, OR
- Combination of education and experience
- Ability to speak fluent English
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- General office knowledge and organizational skills
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Internet Explorer Internet Software & SAP Software
- Excellent verbal communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Ability to learn technical aspects of the business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Internet software and Microsoft Word- Word Processing software.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.
- -Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- -Simple IRA savings
- -Life insurance
- -Vacation, holiday, and personal time in a simple P.T.O. Plan (Paid Time Off)
- -Training and Development
- -Career advancement