AIM, Inc. – Sales Manager
We have a great career opportunity for the right person with domestic and international sales management experience!
We are particular…so carefully read our requirements.
You are an aggressive, enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter, with a successful sales track record and a winning attitude. You know and have managed sales teams in Manufacturing, Capital Goods, or Machinery – both domestically and internationally. You know how to motivate them, you know how to find and hire the “best of the best.” For you sales is a way of life and you derive tremendous satisfaction in winning and building successful teams. In this highly visible position you will be reporting directly to the President/CEO.
Our successful candidate possesses the following:
- Must have experience managing sales people, as well as identifying and finding manufacturer’s reps internationally
- Must be experienced in cultivating relationships with customers, at all levels, up to the C levels.
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of sales and profit growth
- A minimum of 5 years of proven sales and sales management success
- Effective time and territory management skills
- Ability to provide world class customer service to distributors and reps
- Strong verbal communication and written skills
- Sales Process with milestones to direct, and hold sales people accountable to achieve company goals
- Skilled at initiating & developing new business
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated
- Ability to create well thought-out sales and marketing plans both strategy and tactics
- Ability to clearly communicate internally with all internal staff including giving input to product development and marketing as well as integrating with all company functions.
You will be responsible for managing and leading the existing sales team, developing new business opportunities & planning for the growth. You will be a part of the management team at AIM, Inc. and will participate in strategy development and execution at all levels.
- Sales Management – Establishing written sales plans including, setting targets, goals and expectations of the reps, tracking, monitoring, and hiring
- Tracking/Measuring of sales people
- Motivating the sales team
- Customer Retention and Acquisition – maintain customer relationships and satisfaction, develop new customers, organize sales presentations, etc.
- Headquarter Locations and Trade Associations
- Develop and maintain relationships with Corporate Headquarter locations (and their other locations throughout the world) and Trade Association management and members – domestically and internationally
- Participate in regional, national, and international trade shows and conferences
- Travel – 1-2 weeks out of the month
This job is not for everybody! Please do not apply if you do not have experience managing sales professionals in a capital goods environment with long sales cycles and a “value selling” strategy. This is for a person that has the desire to succeed and is committed to doing what it takes. Someone that has high standards, that is honest and reliable, and who will represent the company with the highest level of integrity.
Ideally you have reported to the President/CEO/Owner or high level Sales Executive, so you have both the critical organizational and management experience and training.
This position is based in the Chicago area and the candidate must live in the area.
You must have prior earnings of at least $125,000+ (verified by W-2).
If this position and background fits your career goal, please apply online along with your resume and earning history.